Sunday, June 13, 2010

"Life doesn't end on June 23rd, son"

Thanks Mom, you are completely right! The other day I was talking with her about all Jordan and I have been doing getting prepared for residency. I was telling her the things we were doing around the (new!) house, the shopping that needed to be done, and the hours of fun and entertainment we have been having, all as a part of "getting ready to start residency." When she so astutely told me that I was acting like I thought I was dying on June 23rd or something, I realized, she was right! I had been taking the approach that I needed to get it all done. I was trying to have fun while I still could. I was getting matters in order. Once I realized she was right, it seemed a lot easier to just change my attitude and enjoy. So here is a list of all the "things we need to do before the apocalypse" :

Stock up! We decided it was appropriate to stock up on groceries and household items since we are unsure of how often we can go. We recently became members of Costco, so a large shopping trip was easy.  Boy did we ever shop. After all, who can possibly make it in this world without 6 tubes of toothpaste? 

This picture was one I took at Costco to send to my mom showing her that Kudos do in fact still exist, in bulk!

Seeing my grandparents for graduation. Do I even need to say more? It was so wonderful to see them, I love them so much! This picture is actually from a long time ago, but it always makes me smile!

Flea Market?! I hadn't been to a flea market since I was a little kid when my mom and grandparents would take me. It was actually pretty fun. I think the highlight for me was watching some guys stack about 10 mattresses in the back of a tiny little truck and try to tie them down. Classic.
 
Time with friends and family. Earlier this year, we had decided to buy tickets to a show at Red Rocks with Kathleen and Chris as sort of a last hooray in case we matched in a different city. Since we ended up staying, it was more of just a super awesome show with super awesome friends. We saw John Butler Trio for my first ever concert at Red Rocks, and they were fantastic


Rockies. What's a summer in Denver without going to Rockies games? Jordan and I went last night to see Ubaldo pitch and it was a blast! The game was delayed about 2 hours for rain. They managed to start the game and then it poured! We had so much fun, even though Jord was freezing.






















The rain ponchos are so dorky, but they worked great.

I suppose that is all for now, but I definitely wanted to share what we've been up.

~vaya con dios

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog name!! I also love the updates and your new outlook. I think life begins on June 23rd...just a very busy, different one. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete