Thursday, June 17, 2010

Crossroads

It's here. I am a resident physician. Those words keep resonating in my head. How is this possible?! Tomorrow will conclude my first week of my first full time, salaried job. The week has been a little more tough than I anticipated in some ways and better in other ways. I am having to get up early again and this is just reaffirming my fears about sleep (or lack thereof). Starting orientation so early has been tough for me. I have just come to terms with the fact that I like my sleep. That has been one of the tough parts. The other tough part really happened today. We had a day-long series of lectures and group sessions on critical care. During the lectures, we were all realizing the magnitude of our responsibility. We are expected to know more, to do more, to take responsibility. We will be pushed in a way we have never experienced. The fear of the unknown has been consuming this week. I think I just need to start already! Anyway, the whole point of this little rant is really for myself. I am curious what I will think next year when I am looking back. Will I laugh and think, "It wasn't that bad," will I think to myself, "I had no clue what I was getting myself into?," or more likely it will be some other response I can't even imagine?

My last thought is a verse an old friend from high school had posted on her facebook today. The verse really spoke to me and I think it is something I will use a lot in the coming year: 
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -Proverbs 3:5-6
 ~vaya con dios

1 comment:

  1. My goodness does that verse fits well tonight, love. How many times did I say "I don't understand" in the last 6 hours?! I suppose we can let God direct our path. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete