Monday, February 15, 2010

It's amazing to me how true the proverbial "grass is always greener" cliche seems to be appropriate for so many circumstances. Now before I make my case, please understand this, I have never been happier. What I am referring to is how school has finally slowed dramatically. Class time is minimal, no overwhelming responsibility, rank list submitted, and time spent with family is wonderful. All this time has been truly amazing. So where does the grass and it's green-ness fit in? Well even with all the abundant time and lack of real responsibility I feel like it isn't enough! I mean here we are with the most free time we have had in years and I still want more! I am pretty sure the reason for this is from the possibility that leaving home brings.  I know if we leave it is because it is where we are called to go. Here's the catch though, I don't know if staying is the right answer either. So where do all these conflicted feelings come from? Now this is something I have just finally come to terms with...Fear. I am terrified of starting residency, so of course I am not comfortable with going or staying. This is real responsibility! Anyway, I know that my first two real blogs comment on the fear of starting residency and the changes that will accompany that, but it is just the overriding emotion related to medicine that I seem to be experiencing these days.

There are other topics I can foresee myself talking about in the blog, sports likely will be one of them I mention often. With the Olympics and NBA all-star weekend there is somewhat of a mainstream sports lag. The olympics have been super fun to watch but I am excited to see how the NBA and NHL pan out and I am REALLY excited for baseball season. Here is something that drives me nuts though. Being a Denver sports fan, rarely am I in what is considered a "big market."  So I understand that ESPN and SI don't spend as much time covering sports here as they do teams on the East coast and in LA. BUT they are over the top. An ESPN poll today asks, "Which team will win the 2009-2010 NBA finals, Caveliers, Lakers, or Other?" This just says to me "Which is a name we should drop more often, Kobe or Lebron"  I just hope the Nuggs continue to play well and maybe actually do something to shut this stuff up! Anyway, that is enough of that.

Hope you enjoyed today, let me know if this is working, or if there is something else you want to hear.

Vaya con Dios

1 comment:

  1. I love this - a window into your soul. :) :) For real though, I really am glad you started a blog and more than just doing it for others, it will be so good for you I think. You need an outlet.

    ReplyDelete