Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Blogging 101

So as you can tell from the number of posts I've had in the last 7 months, I am in fact extra qualified to write a post entitled "Blogging 101." I am not really sure why I abandoned the idea of writing for my blog. I think I just got tired of talking about self reflection and why I should doctor a certain way.  I often find myself thinking about writing down some thoughts about current events, sports, my faith, or even sometimes something about a book I'm reading or new recipe I've tried, but these things just all feel so...already done. Now maybe my faith is one that doesn't feel that way, but that is more of a personal thing that I love sharing, but that is through action and not words, I am just not blessed with the talent to elegantly share that part of me in words on an internet blog. As for the other things I've listed, current events are usually related to political views in some way these days (and trust me, I am DEFINITELY not eloquent enough to have those discussions).  Sports is always a fun one for me, but what can I say that hasn't already been said elsewhere? Anyway, all of this is to say I realize I need to do this more and I plan on doing that. Right now, I think I just want to write a little update about us.

Jordan and I recently had a vacation to Napa. It was unreal. The experience was unlike anything either of us have ever done. It was so cool that it was the first vacation that we both saved up for, planned ourselves, and enjoyed together, just the two of us. We choose an awesome time of year. Napa weather was beautiful (60 degrees most days). The leaves in the vineyards were all changing and were breathtaking. I even discovered I like wine!  Here we are on a deck that overlooks an awesome vineyard while wine tasting:


Other than working and vacationing in wine country, life has been fairly ordinary for us (well as ordinary as it gets for 2 residents). We have a pretty good routine these days. Usually Jordan has to go to work an hour or two before me. We each work throughout the day, randomly texting stories about our day to each other and get home just in time to share dinner, maybe watch a recorded TV show,  catch up on the news (for me the news is actually reading news websites, for Jordan, well let's just say you'd be surprised how up to date you can be kept by Facebook!), and occasionally catch an evening walk. Lately, we've also managed to do some reading for fun. We then get exhausted, head to bed and repeat the next day. This routine is pretty awesome and overall we are bother really happy with it.

Our routine may not seem like much, but I can't tell you how fun it is to look forward to those evenings with Jordan. I do know that in that routine can be time to give more updates. I plan on doing that and will have another one soon. Maybe I'll have the motivation to tell a work-related story, write about some new music I've found or even about a book I've read (your choices however would be limited to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, or the 4th Harry Potter book). Until then...

~Vaya con dios

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone who blogs struggles with what to write without sounding cliche, but I know for me, I just enjoy keeping up with people, even if it's not profound stories, so keep it coming! I'm glad you guys had fun in Napa (tres jealous!) and that you are getting to spend some time together in the midst of residency. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete