Saturday, October 9, 2010

Crossroads

As Jordan and I wrap up our much needed vacation together I find myself reflecting. I decided to jot down a few thoughts to help myself process and the result is this blog entry...

Vacation is a strange thing. I think it is especially strange for the resident physician.  There has to be some sort impact on a person that is used to being occupied the majority of their time working and learning, going to a speed of 0.  For both Jordan and I, this vacation has brought a myriad of emotion. We both have done a ton of reflecting this week and I think that is a byproduct of having time. It is absolutely amazing to me that we are more than 3 months into our training as physicians. It's so amazing to me because I feel overwhelmed by the amount I've learned, overwhelmed by the fact that it feels like I have been doing this a lifetime, and overwhelmed by the fact that I am actually capable of doing this! It's such a crazy feeling!

I have also realized how lucky we are. We had the chance to spend time with some family and friends we hadn't seen in a while. We have been blessed to have such unique support by our families and by our friends in such unique ways that I am sure neither of us would have ever made it this far without them. I miss them like crazy but it is also because of them I am not only doing this, but I am doing this the best way I know how. 

We have also spent some time working on our house a little during this vacation. Can I just say, we love our house! We managed to do some much needed deep cleaning, hung a TV upstairs, worked on organizing our basement some, did laundry (funny how that has become a luxury in our house), and Jordan did some baking!

Jordan was asking why the heck I was pointing my computer at her while she was baking.

So I tried to catch her in the action...
 And here she told me to get some pictures of the house including the whole kitchen little did she know it would end up including her in the picture too of course (Oh and yes that is a spaghetti squash in the picture above in case you were wondering. I know you were!)
 Our living room...

And from a different angle...
 

Well that was a random detour. Don't really know what that was about. Once I find our camera, I will take some real pictures of our house and post them, we have only lived here for 3 and a half months after all!

Anyway, I hope you are well if you are reading this, and if you don't read this then I don't hope wellness on you (ok maybe I do anyway).  I think it is time for me to go to bed, I am goofy! I hope this blog is at least semi funny when I read this tomorrow and not totally embarrassing! 

~vaya con dios

1 comment:

  1. cute house--more pics please! glad you enjoyed your vacation. have a much needed day off tuesday which will be after 8 straight days, and all i have planned is to get some fillings at the dentist. ick. maybe i'll treat myself to a shake afterwards :) hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete