Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fall!


With the unofficial beginning of fall coming tomorrow, the dorkiness that is completing my fantasy football draft yesterday, and the start of college football season, I figured I would change gears from my usual whining and complaining about being tired and think about my favorite time of year; fall! Baseball is winding down and the playoffs are getting ready to start! I still am clinging to the slimmest of slim hopes that the Rockies can hold on and grab a playoff berth (sadly, it's doubtful though). Ubaldo Jimenez had a dream start to the season, but sadly, he had 0 run support. Carlos Gonzales is having an MVP type season, but no one (nationally, anyway) pays any attention to sports in Denver. I am afraid this team was built for success but hit too many speed bumps along the way to make the run I am hoping for. All in all though, tt's been a really fun baseball season.

The Broncos season scares me. I want SO bad to think they are going to be good. I want SO bad to have hopes that they have an awesome season. But honestly, I am the most pessimistic I've been since...ever. Kyle Orton is average at best WITH a huge receiving threat (read: Brandon Marshall). The Denver defense is scary against the pass with the league leader in sacks (read: Elvis Dumerville). The team is being talked about only for having a backup (read: Tim Tebow).  Two of those three guys are gone, and the third is going to sit on the bench. This is why I am so down on their chances. To all this, I still don't care. I am so pumped for football to start, I can hardly stand it!
Anyway, I thought I'd take my shot at writing about something different and I think I failed miserably, just rambling about something most care about one-tenth as much as I do. Sorry about that!

~vaya con dios

1 comment:

  1. Way to be positive...I was feeling sorry for you for a while there. :) j/k. I love fall too. It's so refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete