Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2 weeks and counting...


Match day is fast approaching! Just 2 weeks from tomorrow we will receive the envelopes bearing the name of a hospital and a city, the place in which Jordan and I will spend the next four years of our life. I think it hit me today while in class when we were talking about obtaining consent.  One of the doctors said something about how we will be doing this in just a couple of months, stating offhandedly that we would know where that is in just 2 weeks. Whoa.

Anyway, I don't have much to say/report. Jordan and I have been trying to make the most of the extra free time, spending time with friends and family. We have spent most Tuesday nights with Josie, Zack, and the kids which has been really nice. I managed to get down to Pueblo while Jord spent time with her mom and sisters last weekend. We are just trying to live up the free time! In fact, we have joked that sometimes we are trying to "live life like we are dying."

Finally, I had one last thing to share. About 6 or 7 months ago, my grandma fell and broke her hip. I have thought of this as the "fall heard 'round the family."  That fall was directly responsible for a series of changes that has affected so many of us. It is really incredible what it can do. After a series of huge changes, my grandfather has left for California to live with my aunt and my grandmother will be leaving next week. This is a really bittersweet change for me. Anyway, I don't really have a lot to say about it right now, just more of an update.

~vaya con dios

No comments:

Post a Comment